Reducing Plastic in Our Oceans with Office Furniture!
By now, we’ve probably all seen the disturbing headlines and videos on social media – plastic pollution in our oceans is harming and killing marine life at an alarming rate. And when we eat seafood, those tiny pieces of plastic that have been ingested by the fish in the ocean are entering our bodies, as well.
According to eco-conscious furniture manufacturer, Tenjam, “In 2014, it was estimated that 275 million tons of plastic debris is in the world’s ocean, and this amount doubled over the past decade and is projected to double again by 2025.”
But, thankfully, innovative entrepreneurs and manufacturers around the world are beginning to discover solutions to the growing problem of plastic in our oceans by recovering and recycling this plastic in their products, making a positive impact on the environment while also creating products that are equally beautiful and functional.
The office furniture industry is no exception. Here are three examples of innovators in our industry who are becoming an integral part of saving our oceans:
- Contains almost 2 pounds of recycled fishing net material
- Living Product Certified (which means it meets the highest standards of sustainability in manufacturing)
- Sourced from Net Positiva, a collection and recycling program aimed at combating the damaging effects of discarded fishing nets, which are transformed into recycled nylon pellets used for manufacturing
- Ergonomically-friendly design features Form-Sensing Mesh Technology to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user
Watch the Smart Ocean Chair video, below:
- The first to incorporate BIONIC Polymer – made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities – into any type of product
- All Tenjam FIRM products are 100% recyclable
- Comfortable, fun furniture solution that is easy to rearrange and easy to clean
- Contains up to 13 recycled plastic bottles per yard
- Made with eco-friendly Repreve fibers – check out the video, below, to learn more:
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can help restore our oceans by incorporating these furniture pieces into your workplace, email us or give us a call at 717-291-1001.
Here to enter to win our Facebook/Instagram HON Nucleus office chair with your choice of Hamilton upholstery fabric giveaway? Fill out the form, below!
[contact-form][contact-field label=”First Name” type=”name” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Last Name” type=”name” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Company” type=”text” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”text” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Sign me Up to Receive Email Updates from Benjamin Roberts Ltd!” type=”checkbox” /][/contact-form]CommunityEco-FriendlyEnvironmentHumanscaleManufacturersOceanRecovered Coastal PlasticRecyclingTenjam